A trend is defines as a general direction in which something is developing or changing. In roofing we often see trends come and go right along with new the movement in home designs. If you are looking to replace your homes roof in 2016 roofing contractors suggest that you make the most out of your investment by looking at styles that are popular amongst homes currently being built. Leave the past in the past with home improvement on the interior and exterior of your home. As for a new roof take a look into the following fads that roofing contractors are seeing this spring.
- Roofing that is Environmentally Friendly: It is very clear that eco friendly home improvements are selling homes. The more efficient and environmentally friendly your house is the more attractive it is to buyers. Environmentally friendly roofing reduces the carbon footprint you leave along with lowering utility bills. When replacing your roof look for an efficient design, using eco-friendly materials and sustainable construction practices.
- Lighter Colors In Asphalt Shingle Roofing: Traditionally roofs have been designed using darker color shingling; this is all about to change. Lighter shades of roofing are popular options in 2016. Consider shades in white, gray, beige and light blue all of which are popular trends within the roofing industry. Lighter shades of shingling give a soft, warm look to the exterior of your home while also attracting less sunlight. This helps keep your home cooler during the heat of summer.
- Reflective Roofing: Some homeowners still prefer the look achieved with darker roofing. If this is more your style consider reflective roofing. Darker roofs that use reflective materials help increase your homes efficiency. Consider coatings that make use of latex, silicone, acrylic or polyurethane which all work to keep the roof cooler.
- Roofs That Are Flat: Another trend that is popular with roofs for 2016 is flat roofs. This was a popular option for homes during the midcentury, modern design era. Flat roofs offered clean lines which are once again becoming popular in modern home design. A flat roof offers a bit of nostalgia and a nod to current styles.
- Sheet Metal Roofs: For both commercial and residential buildings sheet metal roofing is becoming more and more popular. Sheet metal roofs offer homeowners a roof that will last two times longer than that of traditional roofs. Sheet metal offers a low carbon footprint, the eco-friendliness that was mentioned earlier which will make your home popular when you go to sell it.
Contact local roofing contractors to determine the roofing trend that meets your needs and adds to the overall aesthetic value of the exterior of your home.
Home Pro Roofing contractors offer a variety of roofing services throughout Brighton, East Lansing, Ann Arbor, Fenton and Commerce Township, including installation of shingle roofs, metal roofing and roof repairs. You will find them at http://www.homeproroofingmi.com today.