Buying an engagement ring is something most of us will only do once in a lifetime. An investment such as an engagement ring is not something that should be taken lightly, it is a large investment both financially and emotionally. Purchasing jewelry is something most of us lack experience in. This makes the process of finding a perfect ring for your bride to be trickier than most purchases. How do you find the perfect engagement ring while ensuring you are making a wise purchase that she will love? Follow the steps below to help you find the perfect ring for the love of your life.
- Decide upon a budget: This is the most important step of the entire process and should not be taken lightly. Without a budget in mind you can be talked into anything. It is important to remember that the cost of the stone and setting is not what matters most. There are many tales being shared that an engagement ring should cost at least two months’ salary. This is no longer acknowledged as truth. Your budget should consider what you can afford as well as what your bride to be will adore.
- Plan ahead: Whatever you do never purchase an engagement ring without the money in the bank. Buying an engagement ring on credit is never a good idea. When it comes to buying on credit a ring that originally costs two thousand dollars costs thirty five hundred on credit. That just doesn’t make sense. If she is the love of your life she will wait until you have saved enough money to purchase the perfect ring. Start saving the minute you think she could be the one.
- Take notice: Check out the jewelry she wears on a daily basis over a period time. You will want to buy something that she is comfortable wearing and that goes with the pieces she wears on a regular basis. If she wears super plain jewelry and you buy a large splashy diamond it will most likely make her feel a bit self-conscious wearing it. Buy something that reflects her. She will appreciate that you took notice of her style when choosing a ring she will wear for eternity.
- Bring in reinforcements: If you feel uncomfortable making a decision on your own ask the people closest to her for their help. Her best friend is a perfect inside source into what she really wants. Most likely this is a topic that they have discussed time and time again especially the longer you have dated.
- Find a quality jeweler: A jeweler can come from anywhere. Find someone you are comfortable talking with and that is patient when you ask questions. Consider online retailers as well. Many online jeweler retailers are able to offer higher quality diamonds at lower prices due to the low overhead costs of running an online jewelry store verse a major chain.
- Purchase the ideal stone: When it comes to purchasing a stone be sure to fully understand the four c’s of diamonds. Based in the four c’s: cut, color, clarity and carat. Out of the four of these, in my opinion, the most important is the cut and clarity. You want the diamond shape to be what your bride to be desires and clarity has everything to do with how sparkly the diamond is. Trust me a three quarter carat diamond that is super clear is way better than a full carat that is dull. The sparkle of her diamond will be what everyone notices before how big it is.
- Buy the perfect setting: The perfect setting will be based on her style. If you are in question talk to the reinforcements. Some women prefer settings with side diamonds while other prefer the simplicity of a single diamond.
- Propose: This is all up to. Find a way to propose that will be memorable to the two of you. Enjoy your happily ever after!
DaRoche Jewelers is on online jewelry company with a local feel. You will find a variety of options in jewelry, including custom diamond solitaire engagement rings, online at http://www.darochejewelers.com/.