After you experience a disaster of any magnitude involving water the last things you want to do is walk into your home and smell that distinct mildew, mold, wet odor. Water restoration might just be the most important part in the clean up process following a flood or water damage of any kind. The process of water restoration allows you to breathe in fresh air and eliminates nasty molds that can wreak havoc on your respiratory system. If you are looking to eliminate any future issues and to repair the damages made by water you should read and follow the following in regard to water restoration.
1) Hire an experienced water restoration company after any type of water damage has occurred. This will ensure a complete cleanup is done. Water restoration companies will come out and do a procedure such as ozone restoration. This method of water restoration eliminates odor and is also effective in removing odors caused by mildew and mold.
2) To be safe before you or any person does any type of water restoration turn off all electricity to the area affected by the water damage. Also, gear up in appropriate attire rubber gloves, boots, air masks, and protective eye wear should be worn.
3) While preparing for the water restoration company to come is to act fast removing water. Water removal is a vital step in the beginning process of water restoration. You can use a sump pump if one is available or even start with a vacuum cleaner, made for water, to begin the process of removing the water.
4) Disinfect the area and deodorize odors to make the area livable before a water restoration company is available. Crystal deodorizers are available that help mask odors until the restoration company can come out and do a wet or dry fog of the area.
5) It is imperative to dehumidify and dry the affected area. Use oscillating fans and home dehumidifiers to remove all moisture from the air. Water restoration companies will have industrial equipment to use but until they are available home appliances will make a difference.
6) Remove and dispose of any articles that are beyond restoration. Sound wave treatment will be provided by a water restoration company to ensure everything that can be saved and is not already contaminated is restored. Curtains, clothes, furniture, and carpet can be restored after water damage if restoration services are sought promptly.
Quality water restoration services will ensure your possessions are cared for in the best possible manner. It will also guarantee that the air quality meets and exceeds what you expect for yourself and your family. Just because water damage has reeked havoc on your life doesn’t mean that the quality you expect from your belongings and environment can’t be restored. Water restoration makes this all possible.