Packaging is a means of protecting, storing, transporting and prolonging the life of the product contained within. The next level is the flexible packaging, which is aimed at reducing energy consumption, using less overall materials and generating less CO2 emissions. All of these result in less waste.
Flexible packaging has several benefits over rigid packaging because:
- Flexible packaging utilizes less materials and energy.
- It creates less weight via source reduction that utilizes the least amount of materials for product packaging.
- Flexible packaging represents 2% of municipal solid waste.
Flexible packaging is among the fastest growing segment of the packaging industry, which combines the best quality of aluminum foil, plastic paper and film, to deliver a variety of protective properties with the least possible materials.
What Is Flexible Packaging?
Flexible packaging is any package or any part of a package which takes the shape of a pouch, bag, overwrap or liner and whose shape can be readily changed. Apart from their being utilized for institutional and consumer products, flexible packaging is also desired in industrial applications for marketing, protection and distributing a fast array of products.
Flexible packaging, which is a leader in packaging innovation, helps to add value and marketability to both food and non-food products. It goes beyond ensuring food safety as it extends shelf life; provide barrier protection and aids even heating. Besides, it is easy to use and re-sealable. With its superb printability, the packaging industry continues to thrive and advance in an unprecedented rate.
Advantages of Flexible Packaging
- Flexible packaging is light in weight, easily opened, carried, stored and re-sealed.
- With flexible packaging, the shelf life of many products, for instance, food is prolonged.
- Less energy is required for transportation, manufacturing and generating smaller quantities of greenhouse gases.
- With flexible packaging, less consumer wastes which are being sent to landfills are generated.
- It is an innovative process.
- Flexible packaging widely extends into varieties of product categories.
- It indicates and maintains freshness as well as offers consumer conveniences.
- It provides re-closure and diverse dispensing options.
- Ease of transportation and storage, enables visibility of contents and provides efficient product.
- Flexible packaging creates lesser emissions and uses less energy.
Flexible packaging is manufactured from items like plastics, aluminum foils, paper, film or combination of these materials. It includes bags, liners, pouches, roll stock, labels and other flexible products. Packaging is not only critical to safety and modern lifestyle, but it saves more resources than it consumes. Flexible packaging on its own ensures the reduction of landfill waste protects products and preserves them until they are ready for consumption.
Learn more about Anchor Printing and their vast line of custom product label & packaging options including: Shrink Sleeve Labels, Flexible Packaging, Roll-Fed Labeling, Pressure Sensitive and Cut & Stack Labels at http://anchorprinting.com/flexible-packaging.php. To contact one of our label specialists call toll free at 800.748.0209 or via email at email@example.com.