Enrollees of Medicare often find themselves without the coverage they need. There are a lot of holes left in coverage when only enrolled in Medicare Part A and Medicare Part B, also known as Original Medicare. There are two ways that these gaps can be filled: Medicare Advantage or Medigap. Although the two options are similar..
Tag: Medicare Supplemental Insurance Brokers
In our first installment we answered some basic questions to give enrollees some basic knowledge on how things worked and what they should know about Medicare even before talking with a Medicare Agent. In this installment we will continue covering the basics to further help bring a better understanding to the topic of Medicare, Medicare..
It is so important that Medicare enrollees are educated before it comes time for them to enroll. Although there are several companies where you can speak one on one to Medicare agents it is important for participants to have some basic knowledge to avoid confusion when talking to a specialist. It is important to have..
What’s the difference between Medigap and Medicare Supplemental Insurance? Is Medigap Plan F the same as Medicare Supplemental Insurance Plan F? What does each of these plans offer me in terms of coverage? These are just a few of the many questions that enrollees ask when first becoming eligible for Medicare. Thankfully, we have all..
Medicare open enrollment runs from October 15, 2018 to December 7, 2018. Open enrollment is the period in which current Medicare enrollees can adjust their current coverage. Participants can move from Original Medicare to Medicare Advantage or vice versa, change Medigap plan coverage, and more. Many people believe the best thing about turning 65 is..
Medicare has under gone a number of changes since it originated in 1965. With over 60 million participants Medicare continues to have the highest satisfaction rate of any form of health insurance available. With every year that passes, Medicare and Medigap keeps getting better and 2019 is no different. Some of the modification that Medicare..
Protection from Astronomical Medical Bills Health coverage through Medicare only covers 80% of the total costs which leaves you to cover, out of pocket 20%. In order for Medicare Part B to begin paying it’s 80% you must reach the yearly deductible. Depending on the Medicare Supplemental Insurance Plan you choose the extra 20% will..
Both Medicare and Medicaid are both health care programs sponsored by the government, many people mistake the two for being the same. This is of course, not the case. Medicare is a federal health care plan that is available to enrollees over 65 years of age. Medicaid is a jointly funded health care program that..
What is Medicare Supplemental Insurance, Medigap? Once you have enrolled in both parts of Original Medicare, Part A and B, you will be eligible to purchase insurance that supplements your health insurance coverage that fills insurance gaps left by Part A and Part B. The supplemental insurance plans are known as Medigap or Medicare Supplemental..
Three months before you turn 65 you should receive a packet of information that tells you exactly what you need to do during Medicare open enrollment to insure coverage. Open enrollment only lasts for three months before the month you are set to turn 65 and for three months after. If you choose to enroll..