Once spring arrives after the long winter freeze homeowners become anxious to get their spring cleaning on. There are a million things to get done before summer. Below you will find a list of things to accomplish during your spring cleaning.
1) Roof Maintenance: In order to keep your homes structure strong it is crucial that you keep water from building up and entering your home through damaged or missing shingles. Water also can enter the home when gutters are backed up and back up under shingles on to the roofs foundation. It is important to eliminate issues that can arise with your roof before they begin to show signs of damage. A roofing contractor is really the best way to go when it comes to looking for issues on your roof. A roofer knows what they are looking for and can easily spot issues in need of repair before you find yourself replacing the entire roof.
2) Tree Trimming: Walk around your entire yard and check to ensure that all of your trees are in good shape. Trim branches that are weak or dying. If you notice any large cracks in any of the trees trunks or any root damage it is crucial that you work to secure and repair the damage.
3) Carpet Cleaning: The winter season brings with it a lot of slush and mud into your home leaving carpets and rugs dirty. Vacuuming throughout the season can help but to avoid the dirt from setting in you will want to deep clean your carpets and rugs. Hot water and shampoo will help make the carpets clean and looking their best while sanitizing them.
4) Washing Walls: If you don’t keep up on cleaning the walls in your home at least once a year you will find that there is a buildup of dirt behind wall hangings and fixtures. The best time to wash walls is the spring. There is little to know humidity which will help allow the walls to dry quickly. Pay special attention to the areas behind your appliances. The stove, dryer and refrigerator will have more built up dirt than other spaces so pay special attention to those areas and use a more stringent disinfectant.
5) Power Washing/Window Washing: Take time at the beginning of the spring season to power wash your home and deck. This process removes the buildup of mildew and mold that occurs when the space stays moist and is not allowed to thoroughly dry as happens during the winter. After you are done washing your house take time to clean both the inside and outside of the windows. This will make the view ten times better.
Take on one project at a time when spring cleaning. The whole concept is to make your home clean and free of clutter so that you can enjoy the beauty that comes with spring. Give yourself a space inside and out to enjoy the fresh smell of spring and the beautiful landscaping that is blooming around your home.
Home Pro Roofing contractors offer a variety of roofing services throughout Brighton, East Lansing, Ann Arbor, Fenton and Commerce Township, including installation of shingle roofs, metal roofing and roof repairs. You will find them at http://www.homeproroofingmi.com today.