This has been such a mild start to our Michigan winter. Our furnaces have not been pressed to the limit yet but as Michigan winters promise they will. So with this in mind it is a good time to share tips on conserving energy this winter and to let you know that Airtronic Heating and Cooling professional home heating contractor offer many services from furnace repair to general furnace tune ups and maintenance.
Tips On Conserving Energy This Michigan Winter
- Start the winter out right and ensure that your heating system is in good working condition.
- Turn the thermostat down to a temperature between sixty four and sixty eight degrees. This does help to decrease your energy by three percent per degree you turn your thermostat down.
- Believe it or not on those sunny days, few and far between here in Michigan, you are advised to open the shades and let the sun shine in. Then at night to keep the heat in make sure to close the blinds and shades.
- Check window and door seals to make sure that cold air is not seeping in. Chaulk any areas that feel drafty and if the gap is on the larger side search out products that offer long term sealing solutions at your local home improvement store.
- For any door that is not used on a regular basis use a draft blocker. This could be something simple like a towel rolled up and placed in front of the door or a purchased item made especially for this purpose.
- Make sure to have a thermostat that can be programmed and run it on a program that runs the heat warmer during the hours you are home and turns the heat down when away and at night while sleeping.
- Reversing your ceiling fans can also be of benefit in that they help push the warm air into the middle of the room instead of allowing it to rise up. Thus in turn keeps the warm air where it is needed in the room.
The team at Airtronic can help you save even more money on your heating and cooling needs by installing a new energy efficient heating and cooling system designed specifically for your home. They also offer a number of services to maintain and repair issues with your homes furnace.