Custom labeling is an important aspect of marketing a company’s product in both large, small companies and entrepreneurs. They are basically the trademark of a brand or business and are used for a variety of purposes in the commercial world, but specifically for brand promotion and company reputation building. Labels have the ability to impress the customer and also influence a person’s mindset simply by looking at a particular label and identify with the quality of the brand.
Also known as shrink bags and vacuum pouches, shrink sleeves and flexible pouches are different types of packaging materials and are handled by different food packing machines. The vacuum packaging film is typically three to four times thicker than most shrink wrapping materials. The similarity is only that they both use:
- Plastic polymer film or clear plastic bags for product visibility
- They use a heat sealing on both ends once the product in placed inside
- The exterior film conforms to the shape of the product in both
Shrink sleeves are probably the most popular sleeve solution to the bottling industry because they stand out and grab consumers’ attention on the shelf with their attractive coverage, full color, and 360° graphic design coverage on a product for a maximum shelf appeal.
- The durable film used in most shrink sleeves is waterproof, scuff resistant and won’t get damaged purely through handling
- Shrink sleeve labels provide a seamless fit for all types of container sizes and shape.
- They are ideal for all types of products, from cleaning solutions, food and beverage containers and cosmetics
- The ones applied to recyclable containers can be easily removed.
- A full-body shrink sleeve provides the best tamper-proof seal solutions for a single product or multi-pack products
Flexible materials such as bags and pouches are known to improve product packaging in the world today and for good reasons:
- Flexible pouches use a smaller amount of materials than its counterparts and create 50% less waste, thus reducing greenhouse gas release and BTU use for sustainability
- A lot less material is needed to create flexible pouches or bags making it cost effective in the overall packaging costs
- The packaging is made from the top grade, FDA-approved plastic films of from be UV-resistant plastic to thwart off product deterioration from the sun
- Flexible pouches help extend a product’s shelf-life because the re-sealing nature of packaged products helps keep foods better for longer
- They offer up to a 20% in space saving compared to rigid packaging, meaning more can be shipped at a time, which in turn reduces transportation costs
- Flexible pouches are very popular with the consumers because they are reusable, convenient and very portable and easy to be packed and stored away, for example, zip-lock bags.
- Retailers like them too because it saves space on store shelves compared to rigid packaging
- Flexible pouches are esthetically pleasing; they stand out on the shelf and very eye catching to customers
Learn more about Anchor Printing and their vast line of custom product label & packaging options including: Shrink Sleeve Labels, Flexible Packaging, Roll-Fed Labeling, Pressure Sensitive and Cut & Stack Labels at www.anchorprinting.com. To contact one of our label specialists call toll free at 800.748.0209 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.